Are you planning to teach your students adding and subtracting decimals with visual models in addition to the standard algorithm? Do you have the added challenge of having to do this remotely for distance learning?
My digital version of adding and subtracting decimals using visual models will help you.
It allows you to
- teach the skill by providing notes and example videos for your students
- informally assess using practice activities in Google Slides
- assess by providing two sets of task cards and a quiz
Check out this sample video that shows you how students will demonstrate their understanding of adding and subtracting decimals in Google Slides.
If you’re planning to teach this skill face to face, you can also find this in a printable version. Check out my process for planning this mini-unit.
Find both versions bundled together at a discount.
Find more digital resources for distance learning.
Looking for More?
Check out some of these resources that use various strategies, including visual models, to teach common math skills:
- adding and subtracting decimals (digital and printable options)
- dividing decimals (printable option – digital coming soon)
- adding and subtracting fractions (printable option – digital coming soon)
- multiplying fractions (printable option – digital coming soon)
- dividing fractions (printable option – digital coming soon)
- order of operations with grouping symbols (digital and printable options)