Are you looking for quick and easy instructional resources and practice to help your students convert improper fractions and mixed numbers?
It’s important for students to be able to convert a mixed number to an improper fraction and an improper fraction into a mixed number. While this isn’t usually a skill that is used in isolation, it’s important for students to know in order to be able to complete other types of fraction operations.
This FREE digital and printable download will provide you with:
- detailed notes
- a sample practice for each type of conversion
In Which Scenarios Will You Need to Convert these?
Converting Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers
- to simplify an answer when adding or subtracting fractions or mixed numbers
Converting Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions
- to multiply mixed numbers using the standard algorithm
- to divide mixed numbers
Check out the tutorial videos below to see what the digital resource looks like. To help your students, these videos are included in the practice activities to show them how to use the digital tools and solve the problems.
Looking for More Information and Resources for Fractions?
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- Multiplying Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
- Equivalent Fractions
- Introducing Fractions
- Simplifying Fractions
- Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers