This year, streamline your process for collecting Back to School Forms with a digital Questionnaire for parents to fill out.
This is going to make your life easier both for remote learning and if you’re face to face.
I can’t believe I spent so many pre-planning years doing this….
- Typing up questions to ask about my new class of students
- Printing the form and handing it to parents
- Waiting 10-15 minutes for them to fill it out (pens usually going dry, parents shaking their hands out from cramps)
- Receiving (some) of the filled out papers and then going into a spreadsheet on my computer to type in all of the info.
What are the benefits?
- parents can fill out the forms faster
- they can access the forms from home and don’t have to get lost in backpacks on the return
- you have ALL the information you need in ONE spreadsheet
- sorting – your spreadsheet allows you to sort the information. You can sort by
- transportation (perfect for forming lists)
- HR teacher (if you’re departmentalized)
- last name (if you need an alphabetized list)
- and more!
How can I distribute it?
- If you’re in the classroom, you can use computers, Chromebooks, or tablets, set them up and open them to the Google Form during your meet and greet. Once the parent clicks submit, I have it formatted to allow another person to fill out the form next
- Create an easy bitly link to shorten your link and make it easier for parents to type in their web browser from home or their phone – provide the link on a classroom website or small slip of paper
- copy the link onto a QR code and print out small copies for parents
- Add the link for the Google Form onto your school or class website so parents can access from home
I’ve also added an EDITABLE PowerPoint file so that you can customize the Google Form header. Use your Bitmoji, a real picture, or just the title!
If you’re interested in getting my pre-made form (which is editable within Google Forms), click HERE or on the image below to subscribe to my e-mail list and I’ll send you a copy!