This year, streamline your process for collecting Back to School Forms with a digital Questionnaire for parents to fill out.
I can’t believe I spent so many pre-planning years doing this….
- Typing up questions to ask about my new class of students
- Printing the form and handing it to parents
- Waiting 10-15 minutes for them to fill it out (pens usually going dry, parents shaking their hands out from cramps)
- Receiving (some) of the filled out papers and then going into a spreadsheet on my computer to type in all of the info.
What are the benefits?
- parents can fill out the forms faster
- they can access the forms from home and don’t have to get lost in backpacks on the return
- you have ALL the information you need in ONE spreadsheet
- sorting – your spreadsheet allows you to sort the information. You can sort by
- transportation (perfect for forming lists)
- HR teacher (if you’re departmentalized)
- last name (if you need an alphabetized list)
- and more!
How can I distribute it?
- If you have classroom computers, Chromebooks, or tablets, set them up and open them to the Google Form during your meet and greet. Once the parent clicks submit, I have it formatted to allow another person to fill out the form next
- Create an easy bitly link to shorten your link and make it easier for parents to type in their web browser from home or their phone – provide the link on a classroom website or small slip of paper
- copy the link onto a QR code and print out small copies for parents
- Add the link for the Google Form onto your school or class website so parents can access from home
If you’re interested in getting my pre-made form (which is editable within Google Forms), click HERE or on the image below to subscribe to my e-mail list and I’ll send you a copy!